“Gorgeous hair is the best revenge”Ivana Trump
Herbal hair rinses are an ideal way to follow your final shampoo. Based on natural ingredients, they help restore the correct pH balance to the hair and scalp. Hair rinses also remove the mineral deposits left on the hair by hard-water washing, and encourage a glossy shine. Here are some natural hair rinses that you could make it at home for an amazing hair outcomes! 🙂
- Fresh elderberries make a fantastic hair shiner.
- Shimmer with water for 15-20 minutes before straining off the juice.
- Apply to the hair before washing, leave for 15 minutes then shampoo as normal.
- Adding 5ml (1 tsp) of cider vinegar to your final rinsing water is also good way to restore the correct pH balance and leave the hair gleaming.
Dry and Chemical Process Hair
- This can be further dried by hard water, so make your own soft water rinse by adding 5ml (1 tsp) of domestic borax to 3.4L (6 pints) of warm water.
- You may also add 5ml (1 tsp) of cider vinegar to restore pH balance and 6 drops of chamomile essential oil to fragrance the hair.
- Make a herbal infusion based on 15ml (1 tbsp.) of chopped fresh mint leaves
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) of chopped fresh rosemary leaves, and
- Juice of 1 lemon mixed with 300ml (1/2 pint) of hot water.
- Leave to infuse for 15 minutes, strain and use as a final hair rinse.
Lank or Limp Hair
- Make a herbal infusion with 15ml (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh rosemary mixed with 250ml (8 fl oz) hot water.
- Leave to steep for 15 minutes, strain and add the juice of 1 lemon and 30ml (2 tbsp.) of flat beer.
- Mix well and apply to the hair as a final rinse after shampooing.
- Use the freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons mixed with an equal quantity of water.
- Comb through wet hair after shampooing and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing.
- Add 100g (4 oz) of dried chamomile flowers to 500ml (17 fl oz) of almost boiling water.
- Leave to infuse for 30 minutes and use a final rinse to bring out naturally blonde highlights in the hair.
- A pinch of saffron infused in hot water will also make a good finishing rinse to bring out a darker shade of blonde
- Infuse 4 sticks of dried cinnamon in 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) of boiling water
- Leave to cool before using on freshly washed hair to leave a trace of spice-shaded highlights.
- Make an infusion based on 25g (1 oz) of sage leaves in 3.4L pints) of almost boiling water and steep for 2 hours.
- Leave on the hair for 30 minutes before rinsing out.
- Mix 1 cup of strong black coffee with freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon.
- Leave on the hair for 30 minutes after shampooing before rinsing out.
- Save the cooking water from beetroot to use as a natural plum-coloured hair dye.
- Use sparingly and wear rubber gloves or you will end up with purple fingers too!
- Use a glass of red wine as a final rinse to bring out naturally Auburn highlights.
Those are my DIY hair rinses recipes and tips. Hope will be useful for you all DIY beautician. If you have any others recipe or tips, feel free to drop on a comment;).